Thursday 26 April 2012

So, what am I about?

So, what am I about?

Well for starters, I am trying to enjoy life to the fullest.
Count my blessings, every day.
I think one of the best characteristics about people I like, and myself, is that we try to enjoy the good things in life.
Now this sounds ever so simple, and at times is so hard, but at least the intention is there.
And sure, even I have had dark times, where I lost the ability to see anything positive.
Then again, who didn't have hard times.

Still, trying to see things positive, or enjoying the good things in life is art.
You have learn to think around things.
Trying to see a problem as an opportunity to learn, not only seeing the problem itself.

It is as if you are looking at a picture someone has drawn or taken, and you are asked to comment.
How easy is it to to talk about the mistakes, faults and other noticeable mishaps.
How hard it is to complement the other about the things that are good, that take a while to see maybe.

Or how hard it is to accept a compliment, without say, ah it was just. . . .
I get carried away, and have that sometimes.

Other then that I am about coaching and teaching.
Unfortunately, I was no longer needed, and out you go.
I will go on about that some other time for sure, but

I started thinking what to do next, what am I about?
Teaching for years, and well, the technique I was teaching comes natural to me, so no sweat.
So what was my teaching about?
Coaching and helping troubled youngsters, and most of all, telling stories.
Relevant stories for sure, but telling stories.

Now I see my kids copying me, and tell stories, explain or teach.
I love em for that, and more for sure.
And they love me for more, the caring I do and the food I make and many things more.
But most of all, they love my stories, and the stories love me as,
they keep coming back to give me and others joy.

Yours truly,

Bart J. Meijer

No comments:

Post a Comment